Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Coffee Break


I am constantly working hard to improve my health and that of my sweet family. I minimize the amount of sugar we consume, fast food is a big no-no, lots of fresh foods, home cooked meals, etc. So when I tell people about my daily consumption of coffee and partially hydrogenated soybean oil a.k.a. Coffeemate creamer (in DELICIOUS flavors) I get some crazy looks and I know they are right on. I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now and finally decided to kick the habit. Not the coffee habit...I'll work on that one when I don't have 3 small children to tend to anymore. But the soybean oil thing...I'm finished with it. I decided to make my own creamer! =) I found some yummy recipes. I know I'm still consuming sugar...and I'll work on that later too. One step at a time, my friends! I'm enjoying my coffee even more now! Here's a few of the recipes that I've tried.

Base:
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk (I used organic)
1 1/2 c of milk (I use my yummy raw milk)

Mint Chocolate add:
2 T raw cocoa
1 t peppermint extract

Vanilla add:
2 t vanilla extract

Studel add: (I haven't tried this one but it's next on the list)
1 T cinnamon
1 t vanilla extract
1 t almond extract

Here's a few more...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment