Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer days and homeschool love

We have been in the school mode for a few weeks now and it's going very well. Even with a two year old and baby in tow. I'm keeping things light, fun and informal with Hunter. Jay started with Math and Explode the Code everyday and I'm slowing adding a few more subjects to fill out our school day. I'll post more details later in the week.
Even with school in full swing here in Texas, fall hasn't shown any signs of visiting. Triple digits. Hot. Hotter. Hottest. Oh. My. So a few days ago I was wondering why I've been so grumpy and irritable by the afternoon and I realized it's because we haven't been outside in weeks. Sure I've kicked them out for a few minutes in the morning for as long as they can stand it but we haven't been playing outside until.....



a storm last week (yeah, like crazy wind and a quarter inch of rain) knocked down this ginormous branch! (we weren't home. More on that later too) The boys can't help but sweat it out because it's so fun to play on!! I deliver water, they play outside. It's a beautiful arrangement and my summer grumpiness has passed! Now if some cooler weather will just come I'll be a happy mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment