Saturday, January 29, 2011

Baking Day



Mondays are baking day. I've always wanted to have a day to bake cookies, breads, pies, the works. We've been reading the Little House Series and Ma inspired me to get started. ! The highlight for the boys so far were Ma's Best Butter Cookies. Oh my...they were delish! They came from My Little House Cookbook (found on my fancy new Ferris wheel!) that Hunter got for Christmas. He's very proud of it! Oh, and everything that we bake now is "Ma's best (insert food title here)....!" The book is full of kid friendly recipes like Laura's Little Maple Cakes, Buttermilk Cornbread (YUM!), Homemade Butter, and lots more. The boys are excited about baking day now too..."Mom, when is it going to be Monday so we can make more of Ma's Best Cookies?!" Love.






What's baking in your kitchen on these chilly (or not so chilly if you are in Texas) winter days?


1 comment:

  1. How funny! I was just about to post this too- about our days of the week work that have been inspired by Little House.
    I love that cookbook too. So homey!

    Oh- today we made bagels!

    ReplyDelete